Reimbursement Request Process
With up to 1000 children in need of support, it is with great necessity that we standardize our Spending Guidelines. Our Mission is to support the ongoing needs of our foster families and with that said, we need to be able to offer services to as many families as possible. Read the following section carefully. For any questions, please contact:
Any requests for funding that exceeds these guidelines will be presented to the Board of Directors for consideration. Receipts/Invoices are required for all expenditures and must follow the Receipt Guidelines.
- Requests for reimbursement will only be considered within 90 days of original purchase.
- Reimbursement checks may take up to 60 Days to process.
- If any other funding source is obligated to pay for an expense, that source must be exhausted prior to requesting CSA funds.
- Medical/Dental category requests will only cover expenses not covered by Medi-Cal. This must be submitted as a special request and include a Medi-Cal denial letter.
- Funding is not guaranteed without prior approval and is subject to availability of funds.
- Approval is requested by calling/emailing Homes with Heart at (805) 654-3220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests MUST be submitted by Caregiver (Foster, Resource Family, Relative and Group Homes, or CASA).
- All claims MUST be submitted by the 30th of every month to be considered for reimbursement the following month.
- Each receipt must be accompanied by a CSA reimbursement form. Please use a separate form for each child or expense.
- Please submit your claim ONLY ONCE. Multiple submissions result in extra processing times and delays in reimbursement.
- CSA has the right to deny any claims due to fraud, misrepresentation, or abuse of CSA systems.
- CSA reserves the right to conduct audits on any or all monthly requests for reimbursement.
- If a request is selected for audit, and there is no response from claimant or the retailer, the claim may be denied.
- Lost check fee cost – Bank fees incurred with a lost check will be deducted from the reissued check.